The laser dentistry technique can be used for treating several dental conditions. It is a comfortable treatment option for various procedures and offers more effective results when compared to non-laser methods. LASER stands for “light amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation.” It uses the light energy in a very narrow and focused beam which reacts when hitting a tissue. It helps in easy removal or shaping of the same. Laser dentistry is effective in treating a wide range of dental issues, like:
- Tooth decay
- Gum diseases
- Tooth discoloration and stains
With the help of lasers, several dental treatments have become more effective, affordable, and less time-consuming. It is a comfortable choice that helps to treat several dental conditions.
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Dentistry?
Renowned Essex dentist offers laser dentistry in their state-of-the-art dental facilities. The procedure is very precise and needs special attention from trained professionals to be executed properly. The benefits the treatment offers would include:
- It comes with a faster healing time.
- The procedure involves no post-surgical bleeding.
- You will feel less pain during the procedure.
- The laser treatment is so smooth and hassle-free that you might not need to undergo anaesthesia.
- The lasers are sterile, which reduces the chances of infections.
- You can get a precise treatment with lasers, and hence it involves minimal removal of healthy tissues.
Who Are The Candidates For Laser Dentistry?
The laser dentistry procedure depends on various factors like the type of dental work you need to undergo as well as the conditions of your gums and teeth. You must undergo laser dentistry procedures by an experienced Essex dentist. Go for someone qualified and capable of determining whether you are the right candidate for this procedure.
What Can Laser Dentistry Treat?
Two types of procedures are performed by laser dentistry- hard tissue procedure (for teeth) and soft tissue procedure (for gums).
Common hard tissue procedures would include:
- Cavity detection
- It can be used for tooth preparations and dental fillings. Laser dentistry is not invasive and does not require traditional drills or local anesthetics. It is capable of killing bacteria in a cavity.
- It helps to treat tooth sensitivity.
The common soft tissue procedures performed by laser dentistry techniques are:
- It can help to treat gummy smiles and do crown lengthening.
- It can treat tongue-frenum attachment.
- It’s also used while removing soft tissue folds.
The price of a laser dentistry procedure varies with the type of treatment you are undergoing. It is also dependent on the type of equipment used. It might be more expensive than non-laser treatments but the procedure is quick, and the patients also recover faster. The procedure is non-invasive and does not involve any pain or discomfort at any stage.